. . .
Kick-starting Festive Cleaning Soon? This annual cleaning exercise can be such a mountainous task that it is not surprising most of us would have no idea where to start cleaning. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
De-clutter Your Home
- It’s time to discard unwanted items. Start with your bedroom, study room, kitchen and don’t forget your store room. Tips: You may wish to Carousell or donate unwanted items to charity.
- Wipe off accumulated layer of dust that has thickened over the months.
- Organise your hidden treasures, label and store them neatly.
Deep Clean Your Kitchen
- Degrease cooker hood, stove, kitchen top, microwave, and oven. Use clean rags soaked in warm vinegar solution to wipe your equipment and kitchen top. Soiled rags can be discarded after the greasy affair.
- Discard expired items in your pantries and fridge. Wash and clean inside the fridge if you have not done so recently.
- Vacuum and wipe trapped dirt around hidden areas in the kitchen, e.g. below the fridge, inside your pull-out pantry, etc.
Refresh Your Bedroom
- Get professional cleaners to deep clean your mattresses and dry clean your curtains.
- It’s time to laundry soft toys if you have not done so recently.
- Thorough vacuuming and wiping of window, fans, floor, table top, chair, and lights. Engage professional cleaning service to deep clean upholstery in your bedroom e.g. headboard, upholstered sofa, rug, etc.
Prepare Your Living & Dining Room for Guests
- Get professional cleaning service to deep clean your sofa, cushions, curtains, rug/carpet. Tip: Book your cleaning service appointment 1 month before your parties begin to avoid not getting your preferred cleaning date.
- Thoroughly vacuum and mop hard floor. Pay special attention on hidden corners which you often neglect during regular housekeeping e.g. cornices, planters, behind and under movable heavy furniture, etc.
- Dust and wipe dining table, console top and any display item e.g. photo frames.
“Sanitising” Your Bathrooms
- Discard emptied and used toiletries, bottles, cups, medicines etc.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitise the floor, sinks, bathtub, toilet, shower head etc with detergent, to eliminate any algae, mould and bacteria.
- Store up new set of toiletries and candles to add festivity mood in the bathroom.
All of the House
- Take this chance to service your Air Conditioners.
- Prepare festive table mats, runners and other decorative items for display.
- Clean and wipe all glass surfaces using soft microfiber. Or else, the old newspapers always does the trick!