Finding ways to remove pet stains on carpets can be unpleasant and distressing for some pet owners. Stains on carpets are not only caused by food and beverage. Occasionally, pets will defecate and urinate on carpets. There are several reasons why pets do this, including stress, feeling unwell, or simply their desire to mark their territory.
While cleaning pet urine or droppings is unpleasant, leaving them untreated on carpets can cause unsightly staining and odour. When you spot your pet soiling the carpet, clean any urine or other soilings from the carpet immediately. The longer it stays on the carpet, the harder it’ll be to remove.
Pet owners can be distressed by pet droppings and urine on carpets when removing the stain and smell. There are several ways to manage this, but the most important thing to note is to ensure that you clean and deal with it as soon as it happens.
Ways To Remove Pet Stains From Carpets:
1. Paper towels/cloth and cleaning solutions
Blot and remove droppings/urine with paper towels. Always test any cleaning solution on a small portion of the carpet to ensure it won’t damage the fibers. It may require numerous tries to remove an old pet stain from the carpet thoroughly, so be persistent and patient when attempting to do so.
2. Vinegar & baking soda
Pour a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar over the stain. Sprinkle baking soda over it after letting it soak for a few minutes. After a couple of hours, vacuum up the baking soda.
3. Hydrogen peroxide and dish soap
Create the solution by mixing 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide, 1 tablespoon of dish soap, and 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Apply the solution to the stain. Let it sit for several minutes, then blot the area with a clean cloth and rinse it with warm water.
4. Urine Odor Removal Solution
Apply urine odour removal solution to eliminate the unpleasant odor caused by pet urine. The solution also prevents your pet from going back to the same spot.
There are times, however, when stains might have been on the carpet long enough that none of the steps above will work. In such cases, engaging professional cleaning services is a sure way of getting rid of those stains and all the other dirt and allergens sitting between the fibers of your carpets.
Why engage professional cleaning services?
Some stains and odors can be stubborn and will not be removed despite all efforts to clean them in your way. There are several obvious reasons why engaging a professional cleaning company would help.
- Specialised tools and solutions: Professional cleaning companies are equipped with solutions and tools to help you deal with such situations. They will have access to specialised equipment that are designed to effectively remove stubborn stains not only from pets but from other accidents.
- Knowledge and expertise: Their knowledge is extensive in this area, and they would know how to identify and treat different stains. Their expertise will help identify the right solutions without damaging the carpets.
- Saves Time: Cleaning old pet stains is time-consuming and does not guarantee success. Professionally removing the stains will take care of the cleaning for you, and chances are much higher that they’ll be able to remove the stain and the odor and restore your carpet to look refreshed.
At De Hygienique, we use enzyme-based cleaning solutions to treat organic stains and odour caused by pets. This is a safe and effective way to remove ammonia from their organic waste.
If you face carpet stain or spillage problems with your soft furnishing, contact us to learn more about our services.