It’s the time of the year to de-clutter, freshen up your interiors and give your home a major overhaul to usher in the New Year. De Hygienique offers a slew of spring cleaning tips and cleaning packages for the busy urbanite.
SINGAPORE, 7 October 2009 – With the end year festivities just around the corner, it’s time to give the whole house a good clean-up. Besides dusting the nook and cranny, it is a good time to de-clutter and get rid of things that you do not need. If you’re clueless about where to start, we’ve put together some simple yet clever tricks to cue you in the right direction.
- When you dust, start at the top and work your way down. This will save you the trouble of doing double work and helps save time too.
- To clean textured walls, use nylon socks instead of a sponge or cloth to avoid leaving material chunks behind.
- Rubbing alcohol can remove the dull haze from old mirrors. Alcohol is also a good agent for removing spots and stains from bathroom tiles. Rusty tile marks can be removed with kerosene.
- Spots on stainless steel sinks can be removed with white vinegar. If your sink is gettingrusty, restore its shine with lighter fluid.
- An open box of baking soda placed in the refrigerator will help to eliminate odours. Or try a few drops of vanilla extract on a piece of cotton and place this in the fridge. Wiping your fridge with vinegar will also help prevent mildew..
- Stop yellowing of white appliances. Mix 1/2 cup bleach, 1/4 cup baking soda and 4 cups of warm water. Apply with a sponge and let set for 10 minutes. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
The above are just some nifty tricks that you can try for the smaller areas and items. When it comes to actual spring cleaning, one of the biggest challenges for most people is to free up a slot in their bursting schedule and finding time to pick up the broom and duster. It’s a time consuming task that most people are happy to leave to the professionals instead.
This explains the rising trend of ‘ring-a-spring-clean’ services where you can engage professional help with just a quick call. To meet this demand, De Hygienique has put together a host of three dedicated services to ease your spring clean woes.
1. For the Mattress
Unlike conventional steam or chemical cleaning methods that will damage the mattress or leave behind chemical residue, De Hygienique uses a 100% dry treatment with the Potema®Mattress Cleaning System. Invented and manufactured in Germany, this system is designed to provide a “deep cleanse” and sanitisation for mattresses, without the use of chemical or steam. It is awarded with ECARF (European Centre for Allergy Research Foundation) Quality Seal in 2006 and proven to “effectively improve allergic symptoms” by the ECARF experts. The ECARF is a certified quality standard to help allergic patients to choose suitable goods and services.
Prices between S$38 for a single-size mattress to $55 for a king-size mattress.
2. For the Carpet
A dirty carpet hides huge amount of dirt, dust and other micro-organism that can cause respiratory allergies. De Hygienique gives the carpet a good clean-up using natural biodegradable material. Stains and dirt are removed effectively to refresh the colour of the carpet and each fibre goes through a “deep cleanse” process to prevent rapid re-soiling. The best part is: No water marks or wet and sticky residue, which is a common complaint of conventional carpet cleaning techniques, and absolutely no shrinkage.
Price between S$2.50 to S$3 per square foot, depending on size and condition.
3. For the Upholstery
Conventional upholstery cleaning methods introduce moisture in the process and this leads to an increased humidity which may trigger the growth of mould and other micro-organism. At De Hygienique, a “dry” method called encapsulation dry cleaning technology using a special chemical safe shampoo is used. This unique formula requires almost no drying time and it’s safe for any fabric.
Price between S$50 to S$80 per seater for sofas.
Exclusive Promotion Deal!
De Hygienique is offering an exclusive year-end promotion: Get S$20 off with every S$150 spent. Promotion is valid from 1 Dec 2009 till 28 Feb 2010.
About De Hygienique
De Hygienique (Asia) Pte Ltd is a leading indoor cleaning and sanitising service using advanced cleaning technologies such as the Potema® Mattress Cleaning System, Dry Upholstery Cleaning and CarpetCleaner Dry Carpet Cleaning Systems, all selected for their revolutionary cleaning results.
Supported by Potema® BMV GmbH in Germany, the world’s original inventor of Professional Mattress Cleaning System, De Hygienique (Asia) Pte Ltd is authorised to distribute the Potema® Mattress Cleaning System and Carpet Cleaner Dry Carpet Cleaning Systems exclusively in Singapore and other Asian countries.
For media enquiries and assistance, please contact:
De Hygienique (Asia) Pte Ltd