Dust mites thrive in warm, humid environments such as our mattresses. They feed off organic matter such as our skin cells, dust, and sweat. These are commonly found on where we sleep – our mattress.
How do you know if you have dust mites in your mattresses?
There are several ways to identify if dust mites are thriving in your mattresses. You may have several rounds of symptoms such as the following:
If you do not have the symptoms above —- it is important to note that dust mites are still present in your mattresses. Whether you are allergic to dust mites or not, sleeping with millions of these spider-like microorganisms and their faeces is just not hygienic in the long run.
Managing dust mites and keeping your mattresses clean
Although it is hardly possible to keep mattresses 100% clean and free from dust mites, here are some ways you can minimise your contact with them. Do note that only through professional mattress cleaning can you be sure that dust mites and other microorganisms are extracted safely from your mattresses.
Singapore has an extremely humid environment making it the perfect place for dust mites to thrive. Body perspiration and warmth can potentially exacerbate dust mite growth in the mattress.
If you are someone who has allergies such as eczema and asthma, you can be allergic to the excrement of these dust mites.
In order to safely remove these microorganisms you will need to seek the help of professionals. They clean your mattresses using professional equipment and solutions.
Professionally clean your mattresses regularly
Professionally cleaning your mattresses regularly ensures that these microorganisms are taken care of. It also ensures that your mattress’s life span is lengthened.
Here are more reasons why professionally cleaning your mattresses is important.
- Eliminates dust mites – Vacuuming your mattress with an ordinary vacuum is not enough to eliminate dust mites thoroughly. Use a strong vacuum cleaner that comes with an effective HEPA filter. This process prevents extracted dust particles from being emitted into the air.
- Removes embedded dirt – Similarly, although surface dirt may be removed with your ordinary vacuum, embedded dirt wouldn’t be.
- Kills bacteria – Professional mattress cleaners disinfect mattresses through the use of an in-built medical-grade UV-C light treatment.
- Removes stains and spots – Chemical-safe treatment products are used to help remove stains and spots.
- Neutralises organic odor and deodorizes – Similar to treating stains and spots, chemical treatments will need to be done to mattresses to help neutralise odor.
- Prolongs mattress lifespan – Professionally cleaning your mattress prolongs its lifespan. Removing embedded dirt particles in the mattress prevent uneven sagging of the mattress.
How Often Should You Clean Your Mattress?
Wash bedding at least once a week in warm water above 60 degrees Celcius.
Pillows should be cleaned and sunned at least twice a year.
Mattresses should be professionally cleaned twice a year or once every 3 months.
Now that you know of the recommended frequency of deep cleaning your mattresses – when was the last time you’ve done one?
If the answer to the question above is never or it has been at least one year, it is time to engage a professional mattress cleaning service. The professionals ensure that you are sleeping on a clean mattress without having to worry about dust mites and microorganisms that are harmful to you and your family.
Professional Mattress Cleaning At Your Service
Our services are carried out by a team of professionals who have many years of mattress cleaning experience in this field. Our professionals are trained to thoroughly clean mattresses using professional equipment and cleaning products.
De Hygienique aims to thoroughly remove embedded airborne dirt particles in the mattress, and eliminate microorganisms and allergens. Our professional mattress cleaners are also equipped with chemical safe products to remove mattress stains and odors.
Contact us for a no-obligation consultation today.