27 September, 2022
Professional Rug and Carpet Cleaning Services
There are many professional rug and carpet cleaning services in Singapore that can help keep your carpets and rugs looking new and fresh. Whether you need a deep clean or just a quick refresh, there is a service that can meet your needs.
Professional carpet and rug cleaners are typically trained to treat various types of carpet material. They have specialized equipment and solutions to remove dirt, dust, stains, and allergens from your carpets and rugs.
To keep your carpet and rug looking great, feeling soft, and ensuring harmful indoor pollutants which could trigger respiratory problems and other allergies are thoroughly removed, it is important to hire a professional to clean it from time to time.
Table of Contents
- Difference Between Carpet and Rug
- 3 Qualities That Classify a Professional Carpet Cleaning Company
- Why do Carpets and Rugs Need to be Professionally Cleaned?
- Different Carpet Cleaning Methods
- Why Choose De Hygienique?
- Benefits of De Hygienique’s Carpet Cleaning Service
- How Does De Hygienique Cleans Your Carpet and Rugs?
- How Often Should You Get Your Carpets Cleaned?
Difference Between Carpet and Rug
Although cleaning companies often use these two terms “carpet” and “rug” interchangeably when we read about floor coverings, thus it is common to misunderstand whether they are the same or different.
- The distinct difference between carpet and rugs is their size. Carpets are usually larger than rugs, and usually cover the entire floor area of a space. So, we usually refer to carpets as wall-to-wall carpets which are typically glued or attached on stairs, hotel rooms and commercial space.
- Wall-to-wall carpets are commonly used in big rooms like ballroom and office space because they can come in different types of color and texture, keep the floor warm and help to absorb sound too.
- Rugs are movable and smaller than carpets. Rugs are usually known as “throw rugs” because rugs can be rolled and thrown anywhere on the floor – some rug collectors even hang framed rugs on the wall as art pieces. Rugs are typically placed below a coffee table in the living room or below a bed in the bedroom.
- There are many types of rugs in the market. Among the popular ones are Persian or Oriental rugs. They are usually more expensive because they are woven and dyed manually by hand.
Although rugs and carpets are different, they both require regular cleaning and housekeeping maintenance to ensure they can look beautiful, smell fresh, feel soft and most importantly stay clean for a long duration.
3 qualities that classify a professional carpet cleaning company:
1. Experience: Look for a company that has experience in rug and carpet cleaning. This way, you can be sure that they know the best suitable cleaning practice and products to clean your carpets.
2. Certifications: The company should also have relevant certifications, such as from the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). This shows that they are knowledgeable in the field, have been tested and certified.
3. References: Ask the company for references from past clients. This will give you an idea of the quality of their work and whether they have delivered satisfactory results. Or, you can get feedback from friends and family who have cleaned their carpets by the cleaning company.
Why do Carpets and Rugs Need to be Professionally Cleaned?
People often ask why carpets and rugs need to be professionally cleaned when they can just vacuum them themselves. While vacuuming is a good way to remove surface dirt and dust, it does not get rid of all the built-up dirt, stains, and allergens that can make your indoor air quality worse.
Stains often need professional treatment in order to be removed completely too. If carpets are not professionally cleaned on a regular basis, dirty carpets and rugs become unhygienic over time. After a period of time, you may find the carpet pile starts to flatten by the frequent footprints and from all the dirt and debris that has collected over time. So if you want your carpets to look their best and last longer, it’s best to leave the job to the professionals.
Different Carpet Cleaning Methods
Hot Water Extraction Cleaning
This method uses hot water to deeply penetrate the carpets together with the strong suction, removing dirt, dust, and other debris from the fibers. Not only does this type of cleaning leave your carpets looking like new and refreshed, but it also helps to extend their life.
If you’re looking to get your carpets shampooed, there are a few things you should know. Carpet shampooing is a great way to remove dirt, stains, and other debris from your carpets. Also, shampooing your carpets regularly will help extend their life and keep them looking new. However, it’s important to choose the right shampoo for your specific type of carpet. Otherwise, you could end up damaging your carpets.
Low Moisture Carpet Cleaning
Carpets can accumulate a lot of dirt and dust over time. To keep them clean and looking fresh, you can perform an encapsulation cleaning. This type of cleaning uses a special solution that essentially turns the dirt and grime into a powder, which can then be vacuumed up easily.
Compound cleaning is a process of cleaning carpets without the use of water. This method is not only highly effective but also the lowest moisture option available in removing dirt, dust, and other debris from the carpet fibers. This method cleans carpet by spreading moistured sponge-like compound on the carpet. The compound will be brushed into the carpet using a counter rotating brushing machine which will then be removed by vacuuming.
Why Choose De Hygienique?
Indoor air quality is an often overlooked but extremely important aspect that can have a major impact on our health. Not only does professionally cleaning carpets and rugs help reduce stains, it also boosts their longevity for years to come!
Thanks to new advancements in technology, professional carpet and rug cleaning is now more convenient and efficient than ever before. Dry carpet and rug cleaning is becoming a popular option, as it is quick, low moisture, and leaves no dust behind. Plus, you can usually use your rug very quickly after cleaning.
Benefits of De Hygienique’s Carpet Cleaning Service:
Low Moisture Cleaning Technology
Our company specializes in providing a carpet cleaning service and uses a highly efficient, low-moisture cleaning process to remove unpleasant stains from your carpet.
We use eco-friendly carpet cleaning products which produces less harmful waste to the environment than conventional carpet cleaning methods. Our eco-friendly cleaning products produce excellent carpet cleaning results and have been certified safe to users and the environment.
Our team of service technicians are technically trained, skilled, and highly experienced to clean different types of carpets and rugs.
Having close to 20 years of carpet cleaning experience, we have accrued knowledge and cleaning experience to ensure our carpet cleaning services are effective and safe, most importantly meet our customers’ satisfaction.
How Does De Hygienique Clean Your Carpet and Rugs?
During the carpet cleaning process, the rotating brushes in the carpet cleaning machine loosen dirt, clean the carpet pile, and lift the flattened carpet.
The carpet is cleaned by applying pinewood cleaning compounds and brushing them into carpets to absorb stains and dirt.
Collection of Compound
During this step, soiled compound on the carpet is brushed out into an attached tray. An additional round of vacuuming will be repeated to ensure thorough removal of the compound.
We do not just clean, we also sanitise your carpet. A specially formulated antibacterial solution would be applied on cleaned carpet to prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses, as well as delay the reoccurrence of dust mites and allergies.
How Often Should You Get Your Carpets Cleaned?
As a general rule of thumb, you should always vacuum any type of surface at least once a week.
However, you’ll need to vacuum on a more regular basis if you have a lot of foot traffic on your carpet.
- Daily in areas with high traffic or pets.
- Two times a week in medium-traffic areas.
- Weekly for carpet spaces with light levels of traffic.
Carpet and rug fibers act as a filter, eventually collecting much of the dust and allergens that float around in the air. As the months pass, these allergy-inducing particles can build up in the carpet and rug fibers. If allowed to accumulate, these particles will become airborne again whenever someone walks across them. Only a thorough cleaning can remove these allergens to restore a healthy living environment. Plus, if allergies are chronic, frequent cleaning is often necessary to help alleviate recurring symptoms.
Beyond vacuuming your carpet and rug thoroughly and regularly, you should also have it professionally cleaned with either steam cleaning or dry cleaning every six months.
De Hygienique: Professional Carpet Cleaner
By keeping your carpet consistently maintained and having it professionally cleaned annually, you can increase the appearance and longevity of your carpet while resulting in a healthier environment.
Bringing QUALITY CLEANING with potential benefits far outweighs the cleaning costs.
Give your residence the boost it needs by reaching out to our professional carpet and rug cleaners. To schedule no obligation onsite assessment and quotation, call +65 6749 1950 or contact us online to learn more about what we have to offer.